- In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Astria Business Solutions, LLC.
How we use your personal data:
- We may process usage data (i.e. geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, length of visit, referral source, page views and navigation paths, as well as timing, frequency, and pattern of service use, etc.), at any time. The source of this data is Google analytics. Any usage data gathered may be processed for the purposes of analyzing our website and/or services, and determining how better to serve our clients and future clients. The legal basis for this processing is purely for the improving of said website and services.
- We may process your notification data (i.e. information you provide us for newsletters or other email notifications). The notification data gathered may be processed for the purposes of providing you with the relevant notifications or communications you requested. The legal basis for this processing is your consent to receive these notifications.
- We may process your correspondence data (i.e. information you provide us in any correspondence such as email, contact forms, or other forms of communication). The correspondence data gathered may be processed for the purposes of maintaining communication with you and proper record keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate business interest in administration of communication, existing contracts, or taking steps towards contracts between you and us.
- You are the source of data, whether it be account, profile, service, enquiry, customer relations, transaction, notification, correspondence, order placement, email marketing, and/or publication data and metadata. We obtain that data from cookies, forms on our website, or other forms of communication. Said data may be processed for the purpose of website operations, ensuring our website and service security, maintaining backups, and/or communicating with you. All of this is done with consent, when you pass any information to us via the forms on our website or allow cookies in your web browser.
- We may also process any of your personal data as identified in this policy, where necessary for legal claims, on the basis of our legitimate interest (namely, that we want to protect our own legal rights, your legal rights, and the legal rights of everybody else). The same may be said of insurance coverage, risk management, or the obtaining of professional advice for the betterment of the website or business as a whole. In addition, we may process your personal data for compliance with any legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
How we provide your personal data to others:
- We may disclose your personal data to any of our group of companies (subsidiaries, holding companies, and said holding company’s subsidiaries, etc.), only as we deem absolutely necessary and as is legally set out per the terms of this policy. At this time, the only company referenced is Astria Business Solutions, LLC, but this policy will be updated when/if this ever changes.
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers, but only as is reasonably necessary for maintaining insurance coverage, managing risk, obtaining professional advice, or legal claims.
- We will not give out your information to any other third-party services without your express permission. We don’t like when companies do it to us, so we don’t do it to you.
- Understand that if you post any comments or user content to our website, any personally identifiable information you choose to provide may be read, collected, and used by other users of the website, as well as other third parties, for which, we are not responsible. We cannot guarantee that others will not make copies of information posted publicly on our website, nor information you choose to provide publicly. We also cannot guarantee that they will not use or misuse this information.
- In connection with our social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google+, understand that in your interaction with such tools, any information you provide publicly will be publicly viewable, and that we have no control of any information shared outside our domain. Visit each company’s own privacy policies to view your rights in these areas. We are not responsible for information you choose to post via any social media platform.
- In addition, we may disclose your information when necessary for legal purposes, in compliance with any legal obligation we may come under, in order to protect your interests or the interests of another person (not entity), or if you’ve violated our terms and conditions.
How we transfer your data internationally:
- We operate out of New Mexico in the United States of America. Our website is also hosted on servers located in the United States of America. Any personal data transmitted to us will therefore be transmitted to the United States. Unless agreed upon by contract, we do not transmit your personal data to any third party countries.
- We gather information on our website, from sources all over the world. Any such information will be gathered via cookies, forms on our website, or other specified means, and any such information will only be transferred under the circumstances listed above.
- You acknowledge, however, that any data you give us may be available, via the internet, around the world. We, unfortunately, cannot prevent the use or misuse of such personal data by others, but we do ensure that the data we receive is only used in the ways we have specified herein. Be sure to check the privacy policies of every third-party service (i.e. Facebook, Google Analytics, etc) used by Astria Business Solutions, LLC. to ensure your rights are being protected elsewhere as well.
Retention and deletion of personal data:
- Any personal data we process, for any purpose, won’t be kept any longer than necessary for said purpose.
- In many cases, it is not possible for us to specify the length of time your information will be retained. This is because of the continued agreement or consent to provide you with services (i.e. information and newsletters) or the continuation of a contract between you and us.
- We may also retain your personal information as is necessary for compliance in any legal obligations, to protect your interests or those of another person (not entity).
- We may update this policy from time to time, by publishing a new version on our website. We recommend that you check this page occasionally.
- If we are already engaged in an ongoing contract or we have record of your email address on file from recent communications, we may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
- As always, you have rights when it comes to your personal data. You have the right to access, rectify, or erase any data you have sent us. You also have the right to restrict or object to processing, the right to data portability, to complain to a supervisory authority, and the right to withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to confirm whether or not we process your personal data, and what we are doing or have done with any information we’ve already gathered. If you want to know what we have, contact us and we will provide you with what your processed data, provided that the rights of others are not breached in the process. The first copy of your data will be provided to you free of charge, but for additional copies we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing your request.
- You have the right to rectify any of your information that we have gathered, and to complete any incomplete data about you.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data erased without undue delay. If your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent-based processing, you object to processing, the processing is for direct marketing purposes (i.e. our newsletter, etc.), and/or the data was processed against the terms set forth in this policy, we can erase your data without any undue delay. However, there are exclusions for exercising the right of freedom of information, for legal obligations, or the establishment or defense of legal claims.
- In some circumstances, you also have the right to restrict how we process your personal information. If you contest the accuracy of said data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure, we no longer need the information but you require personal information for legal claims, and if you have objected to processing but that objection is still pending verification, we can restrict how we process your information. Where we have restricted processing, we may still continue to store any information you have given us, however, we will only process it with your consent, for legal claims, the protection of others’ rights, or for reasons of public interest.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your information for direct marketing purposes, for public interest research, or for grounds of your particular situation. If you do not want us to use your information, please let us know as soon as possible and we will take what steps we can within our rights to maintain your satisfaction.
- To the extent that our legal basis for processing your data is your consent, contract between you and us, or taking steps toward such a contract, and the processing of your data is automated, you have the right to request your data in a portable form. This means in a commonly used, structured, and machine readable format. But this right does not apply where it affects the rights and freedoms of others in an adverse manner.
- If you believe that our use of your data infringes data security laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
- To the extent that our legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we performed before your consent was withdrawn.
- The legal basis for our processing of your information is your consent, or that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract. You may exercise your rights in relation to your personal information by written notice to us, in the methods listed below.
About cookies, and what we use them for:
- A cookie is an identifying file which is sent by a web server to a web browser, where it is stored by the browser. The identifier is then returned to the server each time the browser requests a page from said server (this is how websites like Google remember what pages you have clicked on in the past).
- Cookies do not generally contain any information that personally identifies a user, however, personal information stored about you may be linked to information in and from cookies.
- Any cookies gathered by us are gathered by our service providers, including but not limited to Google Analytics. Those cookies may be stored on your computer when you visit us online.
- If you do not wish to share cookie data, please check your web browser for methods of blocking and deleting cookies.
- astriabiz.com is owned and operated by Astria Business Solutions, LLC, a cyber-security and information technology consulting firm in the United States of America.
- Currently, our principal place of business is in New Mexico, USA.
- You may contact us through the contact form on our website, or by writing us at:
Astria Business Solutions, LLC
4801 Lang Avenue, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
United States of America